Our preacher today was Seth Horrell who gave a message from John 1:1-18. It was inspiring to hear about the blueprint God has for our lives, his church, and his mission in the world.
We are seeking in donations in many areas, but one very practical donation is new, thick, clean, and warm socks. Look for these brands at Wal-Mart. We recommend these brands due to equity among our homeless guests.
Please return socks by January 22 or 25, to the “sock” bin in the foyer or outside of The Well.
Winter Shelter is fast approaching, beginning January 25. We have many ways to volunteer. Check out the bulletin boards at the church.
- Tags for lunch items to donate.
- Sign-ups for cooking breakfast, hospitality, men staying overnight.
Be safe out there, better yet, stay home! Please inform others you know about services being cancelled, in case they missed this information.
AWANA Clubs are from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm this Sunday! (check email before you come in case this predicted snow storm impacts us this weekend)
Sign-ups will be available for Derby cars and for the Winter Wonderland Parent’s Night Out at check-in this week.
Sunday January 8 – THEME NIGHT: Popcorn Night – the kids will enjoy a popcorn snack tonight!
***Don’t forget to come early, wear tennis shoes, bring offering (a quarter), bring your handbook (older kids bring your Bible too) and get ready to have some fun!
- January 20th 2017 5:30-8:30pm – Winter Wonderland / Parents Night Out
Birth- Grade 6, Dinner provided, games, crafts, movie. Everyone welcome! Invite friends!
- February 17th 2017 6:30-8:30pm – Awana Grand Prix Derby
Everyone welcome to participate, all ages. You do not have to be an Awana member. Order Car Kits by January 15th. (Check out this promo video)
NEW! Sunday Evening Gathering – join us for a Bible Study during AWANA!
- Everyone is invited to this four-week discussion starting on February 12 from 5:15 – 6:00 pm. We will meet upstairs in Room 208/210. Coffee & snacks provided.
- Your Move – 4 Questions To Ask When You Don’t Know What To Do by Andy Stanley – Throughout our lives, we are confronted with decisions we never anticipated having to make. So what do you do when it’s your move and you aren’t sure what to do? Every week will have a 30 minute video followed by discussion. (click here for more details)
- Kids ages 3 – grade 6 are welcome to join AWANA for the four weeks and we can also watch younger kids – contact Karen Strull for details if your kids are younger or not already in AWANA. Great opportunity to invite friends!
See you Sunday!
Ellie & Karen
The Awana Grand Prix is set for Friday, February 17 at 6:30 p.m. Come out and join the fun! Order your car kit from Karen Strull ASAP!